Key Information

SEND Information

See the bottom of this page for full SEND Report and Information for Keresley Grange.

At Keresley Grange, we are committed to meeting the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), supporting them to make the best possible progress.

The four broad areas of need are:

  • Cognition and Learning
  • Communication and Interaction
  • Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
  • Sensory and Physical  

What does it mean if my child is identified as having SEND?
When your child has been identified as having a special educational need, with your consent, they will be added to our school SEND registers by our school Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENDCo). Individual targets relating to their personal area/s of need will be created for your child and these will be reviewed at the end of every term by you and their class teacher.

What is the local offer?
* ‘The Children and Families Bill’ was enacted in September 2014. From this date, the Local Authorities and Schools were required to publish and keep under review information about services they expect children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), aged 0-25. This is called the ‘Local Offer’.
* The intention of the ‘Local Offer’ is to improve choice and transparency for families. It is also an important resource for parents in understanding the range of services and provision in the local area.
* For more information about this, please visit

Your child has Special Educational Needs, what can we at Keresley schools offer you?
*At Keresley, all children are given a broad and balanced curriculum. Lessons are planned in advance to address potential areas of difficulty and to remove barriers to pupil’s achievement.
*Children are identified as having SEND when their progress has slowed or stopped and any interventions put in place do not enable improvement. Special educational provision may be needed, namely provision different from or additional to that normally available to pupils of the same age.
* Our SEND policy can be found on the policies page of our website.

What should I do if I think my child may have Special Educational Needs?
Your first point of contact is always your child’s class teacher. Most concerns can be easily addressed this way but if you would prefer, you can talk to the SENDCO (Mrs. Palmer).

The Class Teacher is responsible for:
*Checking the progress of your child, including planning and delivering any additional help your child may need.
*Ensuring that you are involved in supporting your child’s learning and kept informed about the support your child is getting.
*Setting personal targets and writing learning plans based on smaller steps and sharing and reviewing these with parents at least once each term.
*Personalised teaching and learning for your child as identified on the school’s provision map.
*Ensuring that the school’s SEN Policy is followed in their classroom and for all pupils they teach with SEND.

The SENCO, Mrs. Palmer, is responsible for:
*Developing and reviewing the schools SEN Policy.
*Co-ordinating all the support for children with SEND.
*Working with class teachers to ensure that you are; involved in supporting your child’s learning, kept informed about the support your child is getting and are involved in reviewing how they are doing.
*Liaising with all the other people who may be coming into school to help support your child’s learning eg, Speech and Language Therapy, Complex Communication etc..
* Updating the school’s SEN register (a system for ensuring that all the SEND needs of pupils at Keresley Academies are known) and making sure that the records of your child’s progress and needs are kept.
*Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school, so that they can help children with SEND to achieve the best progress possible.

If you would like any more information about the following areas, please follow the links attached and see the below information about:

* ASC (Autistic Spectrum Condition) 
* Dyspraxia 
* ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) 
* MLD (Moderate Learning Difficulties)
* EHCPs (Education Health Care Plans)
* My Support Plans
* Speech and Language